Monday, April 23, 2012

Praying For Our Children


Today, I'll be starting a 31-day series:  Praying for Our Children

I've found it very comforting to pray the scriptures over my children.  It is also very powerful, because G-d answers prayer and G-d's Word will not return void, but will accomplish what it is sent to do.  Both of my daughters are adults and married, so these prayers will be targeted to their situations and seasons of life. 

I hope you will join me in this 31 day commitment.  Feel free to post specific prayer requests in the comments section below if you'd like. I promise to pray for your needs.

"For these children, I prayed, Father and you have heard my prayers and granted my petition." 
(I Samuel 1:27)   

Like Hannah, I thank you, Father for opening my womb and giving these children to me.  They are a wonderful gift.  I treasure them, and am humbled that You allowed them to bless my life.  I praise you and glorify You for your unspeakable gift, that Your face shone upon me, and granted me children.  May I be ever conscious that they came by Your hand.



I lift these prayers to You in the Name of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach.
I'll be linking up to Spiritual Sundays 
and  Faith Filled Fridays

6 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your series. Prayer is the best gift we can give to our children. Next week my daughter is going to Haiti for 10 days to work in an orphanage. I have to daily give her back to God and remind myself that she's a safe in God's will there as she would be at home. I'll be praying this series will bless many parents and in turn their children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll join you in prayer for her blessing and safety.

      Delete
  2. I 100% agree with Pamela. Prayer is the best gift you can give children. I am going to pray for my nieces. I don't have children of my own but I can pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We never quit praying for our children. My daughter is 51 and my son is 49 and I pray for both of them all the time.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Praying Scripture is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.