Tuesday, May 8, 2012

31 Days of Prayer for Our Children - Day 16

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (Philippians 4:6)

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.  (Matthew 18:19)

Father, I pray for my children to know the joy of prayer and also the power of prayer.  Thank you for showing us over and over again through the Scriptures how prayer changes things.  That theme runs through your entire Word.

I pray they will also understand that thanksgiving is important in prayer.  Pausing to think about how blessed we are takes the focus off ourselves and onto You.  May we not take for granted the blessings you pour on us daily.  To thank You for our ability to walk, talk, see, hear, think and for strength is a discipline I learned late in life, but one that reminds me all of these come by your hand.

I pray my children will understand that we can pray about everything, no matter how small and insignificant it may seem to us.  You, our tender, loving Heavenly Father care about everything that concerns us.  

Yeshua prayed with and for His disciples, I pray my children will know the power of praying with each other as marriage partners.   A special bond develops between those who pray together, and I pray you will strengthen their marriages through prayer. Father, I pray they will also learn the power of praying with friends or groups.  So many lessons and blessings can be learned through this method of prayer.

Finally, I pray for them to teach their children to pray because this, too, builds a bond between a parent and child.   I pray that prayer will be a heritage of their families for future generations.


I'm linking up with Women Living Well Wednesdays
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.