Sunday, May 6, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Children - Day 14


Do not be unjust in your judging - show neither partiality to the poor nor deference to the mighty, but with justice judge your neighbor.  
Do not go around spreading slander among your people, but also don't stand idly by when your neighbor's life is at stake.  I am Adonai.  
Do not hate your brother in your heart, but rebuke your neighbor frankly, so that you won't carry sin because of him.  Don't take vengeance on or bear a grudge against your people; rather, love your neighbor as yourself; I am Adonai. (Leviticus 19:15-18)  

Yeshua said:  and the second greatest (commandment) is to love your neighbor as yourself.  (Mark 12: 31)

Father, I pray for my children to understand and walk in Your love.  I pray that this second greatest commandment would be understood as You intended.  I pray for my children to understand that mercy and truth kiss each other.  They are one.  They work together.  Love (mercy) without truth is not Your love.  All truth and no mercy (love) is not Your love, either.

Your love is not like the world's.  Your love is that of a tender father who has his child's best interest at heart, and knows that boundaries and limits are loving.  Help my children to understand this about themselves, their marriage relationship, business and social interactions, and in rearing their children.

Father, thank You for helping me to understand  this about Your love.  Help me to model Your love to my children.  Help me to be willing to confront and judge them with justice.  Help me not to stand idly by when they are walking down a dangerous path that leads to destruction.  This is a part of Your love. 

Father, help me and my children to understand that frank confrontation and working through conflicts is loving, and not to bury them which leads to destruction.

And, Father, please help my children to love themselves.  To understand that they are worthy of love.  I pray they will take care of their minds and their bodies because they are Your creation.  You gave them life and have a purpose for their time and place in this world. 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.