Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pray for America - Day 3

 
This post is part of a 31 day series from the American Prayer Initiative
You can sign up at the link and have the prayers sent to you daily in your
 e-mail box.  I encourage you to join us in praying daily for America
up through the general election on November 6, 2012.
                     Repentance/Forgiveness

Suggested Scriptural references ... From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from my statutes and have not kept them.  Return to Me, and I will return to you, says the L-rd of hosts.  Malachi 3:7
But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.  Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first.  Revelation 2:4-5
If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  I John 1:9
Do you presume on the riches of His kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that G-d’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?  Romans 2:4
“Thus it is written, that theYeshua should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.  Luke 24:45-47
Suggested prayers ... Thank You that as we genuinely repent, You extend Your mercy and pardon.  Please lead us to an understanding of how far we have strayed as a nation.  We humbly and sincerely ask for Your forgiveness and restoration.
We pray repentance for our entire nation including and most importantly from us, the church.
We pray for Your forgiveness for a nation that has lost its way without You.
We pray for Your merciful patience and protection over America as we seek to turn our country back to You
Father, cleanse me from all sin.  Fill me with knowledge and wisdom that I may be worthy of Your blessing and may be equipped to stay strong in my faith. Grant me patience as I labor to make Your ways known in my nation and Your world.
Forgive us for our attempts to control and fix this broken world in our own power.
Forgive me for the things I have said or done which have contributed to hostility toward the Christian faith.  Show me the error of my ways, and allow me to seek and find Your ways above all others.
Forgive me when I have neglected to speak up when Your name is blasphemed.  Give me boldness to speak out in Your defense, and humility to demonstrate reverence for You.  May Your name be reverenced once again in the public arena.
Forgive my silence, L-rd.
Father Your Word makes clear that we cannot mock You without consequence.  Forgive our nation, L-rd.  Show us a perfect balance of living gracefully and championing truth.  May our lives be evidence of your goodness and righteousness.
Forgive me for failing to love as You love, for holding unforgiveness in my heart when You died to forgive me.
Thank You for accepting our genuine repentance, and for Your mercy and pardon.
****************************
 
Father, I agree with these prayers in the name of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach. Amain.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.