Monday, September 24, 2012

All is Well

That's me - kayaking on the Indian River

Only when I let go, and let the current of the river of His will carry me, do I find peace, joy and contentment.  Learning to kayak is a perfect example of acceptance.  When I go with the flow of the river, kayaking is easy.  When I have to fight the current or the wind, it's hard.  Life is like that.

Learning to totally trust the Father's will and way with me did not come easy.  Over fifty years were spent with heels dug in, pulling with all my might to stop change I perceived as wrong.  Time has taught me that the changes I thought were terrible often turned out to be good.  So, I learned I don't know what's best for me, or anyone else.  

Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the L-rd,
I will be joyful in G-d my Savior.

The Sovereign L-rd is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to tread on the heights.
~Habakkuk 3:17-19

Oh, the peace and the joy of acceptance.  The ability to know that all is well even though it doesn't look that way.  What a joy to live in complete trust and to be content.  

When the wind or the current changes, I say out loud, "All is Well", accept the change and "go with the flow".  Listening to this song helps:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.