Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Pond Tour 2014 - #2


Our next stop on the Pond Tour was at the home of Becky Naylor (above). You are in for a real treat today as we visit her lovely garden and pond.  Becky has the gift of hospitality, as you will see on this tour.  She welcomed us whole-heartedly, and patiently answered our many questions.  Believe me, my husband's honey-do list grew by leaps and bounds after seeing this garden.

I knew I'd found a kindred spirit the moment I walked into her yard.  Becky loves painting, gardening, birds, angels, and the L-rd.  Below is the Scripture she painted by her front door:


As you walk through the gate, you see a shady, tropical walkway that leads to a sitting area under a gazebo.  The swing has decorative crosses hung on the fence.  


The seating area you see on the left has a beautiful painting (done by Becky)

The space between the house and the fence is narrow, but Becky has made the most of every inch.  She does the same for her whole property, as you will see.  There is so much more!


This is the fire pit.  Wouldn't it be lovely to sit the fire and chat in this lovely spot?  Becky's husband does all of the tile work.  He is quite an artist himself, as you will see throughout the whole backyard space.  Below is a tile mosaic on the wall of their patio.




Stunning is all I can say.  They are a talented team of artists.

As you turn the corner, you see the lovely pool area.  Don't you love the plantings along the sides?  



 On your right is Becky's pond, which is small, but so beautifully arranged with stones, statuary, and tropical plants.



There is so much to see in Becky's garden, I've decided to do several posts about it.  Come back next week to see her outdoor kitchen, that includes a pizza oven.  And you have to see her potting area, which was my favorite part.  Becky is one amazing creative woman, and I'm so thankful to have met her.

 Thankful Thursday is my weekly discipline - to express my gratitude to Hashem for His over-flowing, abundant blessings. 


********

 I'm linking up today with:
 Spiritual Sunday

The Gathering Spot Link-Up

All Things Bright and Beautiful Link-Up



Modest Mom Monday Link-up 




A Wise Woman Builds
Whole Hearted Wednesday 
Wake Up Wednesday
Whimsical Wednesday

Hearts for Home
Favorite Things 

Fab Creative Friday
Friendship Friday 
Freedom Friday

8 comments:

  1. A beautifully inviting retreat. Thank you for posting this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, and blessings to you. Please stop by again soon.

      Delete
  2. Delightful! I just breathed in all the beauty and imagined myself right there with you. I thought of the hymn, I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses...and He walks with me and He talks with me, and tells me I am His own... ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela - that song was father's favorite. Thank you for kind words, and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. I will definitely come back next week. Her place is beautiful. I especially love the scripture on the door and the mosaic is stunning. It looks like paradise.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by, and next week's post will be even better.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a peaceful place to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful images :) Love the sense of peace that they bring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.