Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thankful Thursday - A G-dly Grandfather

at the Massing of the Colors on Veterans Day
I am very thankful that my grandson has a G-dly grandfather.  Rabbi Jem is teaching him to love G-d, his family, and his country.  We always take Jonathan to the Veterans Day, 4th of July, and Memorial Day parades.  

at the air museum where PawPaw volunteers
He loves teaching him about airplanes.
weekly park day
And has the time and patience for laying down to look at clouds.


I'm thankful that Jem is a big kid himself, so he loves to play.  He's like Peter Pan -- he won't grow up, and that's a good thing.  A very good thing.


At the arcade

Playing Mario Kart on Wii
At the park - on a rainy day
Here he is with Rose, a little girl in our congregation.  She wanted a picture of him with a sticker on his nose.  No problem.  You have to love a man like that...and I do.


Ready for sword fighting any time
He has a special hat for every occasion...and a quotation to go along with it.  He's such a ham - whoops, that's not kosher! (smile)

Never a dull moment.

What a guy....what a grandfather.  I am so thankful.
 
I'd love to hear what you are thankful for today.

 Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for the good things in my life. 

**********
I'm linking up today with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.