Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Joy In Simple Things

It 's never taken fancy things to make me happy.  I find great joy and gratitude in the simple things.  Here's a beautiful song to listen to while you read:  Simple Things by Jim Brickman

Like sipping tea from the birdie cup and saucer my husband bought for me. I feel happy when I paint water colors, too. 


Or sit on the porch, rocking and writing in my garden journal.  



I love sitting in front of my fireplace DVD, warming my toes.  I do this when the temperature here in Florida gets below 70. Don't laugh. I've lived in Florida all of my life. To me, below 70 is cold.



On a recent Shabbat, we decided to brave the cold and visit Playalinda Beach, which is beautiful and unspoiled by houses and condos.  All one sees there is the glory of G-d's creation and a few visitors.


 A couple of fishermen:



We loved seeing a fish caught:



My joy overflowed when my sweet husband pointed out a heart-shaped leaf on a sea grape plant and said, "I love you".



I stood there taking it all in and thought how I would love to see some pelicans fly over.  Immediately, it happened.  I love how G-d gives me the desires of my heart.



As we left the beach behind, I prayed to see an alligator.  What joy to see this one, about six feet long.



Then I prayed to see an Anhenga, and a few minutes later there he was in all his glory. These are very large birds, probably 2 /2 to 3 feet from the tip of his head to his toes (if birds have toes).



Oh, the joy and awe and happiness to see an armadillo that day, too. He had the loveliest pinky-golden glow from the setting sun.



I'm so thankful for the simple things.

What are you thankful for this week?  Do you find joy in simple things, too?


*******************
Sharing this post with:
Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Lyli at Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life
Hope in Every Season Homemaking Party
Laura on Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger
Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew


10 comments:

  1. It is often the simple that is breathtakingly beautiful, to me. Just this morning, in my quiet time, I expressed how I want to see with eyes like His... to see the majestic in the mundane and every day, and how I wish I could actually take a picture through my camera lens that encapsulates what I see in my eyes.

    Beautiful images and reminders to capture joy.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Dawn, there is so much beauty all around us. It just takes time to stop and smell the roses as the old song says.
      Blessings and shalom,
      GG

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful photos! I am so glad you shared them as I so enjoyed seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Please stop by again soon.
      Blessings and shalom,
      GG

      Delete
  3. So much joy to read and see awesome thing you are thankful about. Well, I am thankful seeing those creatures in your blog and for all God's creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much beauty to enjoy in this wonderful world. You are blessed abundantly for sure.
      Come back again soon, Joy (love your name)
      BB

      Delete
  4. Gail...I love the simple things as well. Your tea cup is precious by the way. Visiting from The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Gail-Friends, Naomi, and so nice to meet you. I hope you'll visit again real soon.
      Blessings,
      GG

      Delete
  5. There is so much joy found in simple things. So thankful you linked up at The Weekend Brew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I am just so jealous of the armadillo, I would love to see one in real life. I have to agree it's the simple things that bring those sparks of happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.