Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thankful Thursday - April in Paradise

Thankful Thursday is the day I pause to be thankful for all the good things in my life.

My new flag reminds me to be thankful to live in America and for the freedoms we have.  

Passover, which ends tomorrow at sundown,  reminds me of freedom, too.  I'm thankful for our wonderful seder, and you can see photos in my previous post.  



It's been a busy week, preparing for Passover and other things going on in our lives. So this week, I'll high light some of the beauty I saw over the past couple of weeks.  I love living in paradise and our weather has been heavenly. I am so thankful for that and for the beauty of this wonderful state, especially the flowers, birds and water. 

We bought some flowers for the yard, and I fell in love with these.  I call them "bazingas", but that's not their real name.  They take the full sun and flower like crazy.  Aren't they beautiful?


We ate lunch one day at a restaurant on the river, and I caught this nice shot of a sail.  The plant in front is a sea grape, which grows wild along the river and the beach.  These were potted, and gave me the idea to do the same.  They change colors and are always delightful.  They do have grapes, and you can make jelly out of them.


I don't know the name of these trees, but they are glorious this time of year.


Lantana is common here and comes in several color varieties.  I have half a dozen bushes in my yard, and the butterflies love to visit them.  My backyard was full of visitors today.




We live near the headwaters of the St. Johns River, and there's so much beauty to see from this park along the banks.


The fishing is really good on the river and we saw several fishermen enjoying the day.  This man was seining for bait fish.


These cows were on an island in the river near them, but no worries.  The water is quite shallow and they can wade out.  They have food and water aplenty so there's no rush to head home.


The air boats skim over the top of the water. Riding one of these is on my bucket list.


A white heron and a flock of mud hens having a bountiful buffet along the river's edge.

  
There is beauty all around.  We just have to look for it, right?


What are you thankful for this week?

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`




I'm sharing this post with some of my friends at :
Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Lyli at Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life
Hope in Every Season Homemaking Party
Laura on Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger
Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.