Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thankful Thursday - My Abundance


Thankful Thursday is the day I focus on the things I have to be thankful for. 

The photo above is of a little plant I bought for my mother, who is in a nursing home.  This amazing plant has thrived and flowered and brought much joy.  I'm thankful that I haven't killed it, which is my usual process with plants.  This little container has about a 1/4 cup of dirt in it, and I sprinkle it once a week.  My friend Carlleen joked that it says something that an invalid (my mother) can keep a plant alive better than I can.  She jokes like that because she's death to plants, too.  She says even her artificial plants succumb to her touch of death.  I'm thankful for her, too.  She always makes me laugh.  

Speaking of flowers, here are some beauties my husband has blessed us with.  He is the gardener in the family, and I am so thankful for his expertise.



I'm excited and thankful to have found this wonderful device called the Beauty Spoon.  I'd seen it advertised on TV and wanted one for myself for a long time.  I finally found one, at Walmart for about $6.00, which is less than the price I saw on television..

 
The spoon is used to get the last little bit of makeup, cream, lotion, etc. out of a jar or bottle.  The black tip at the end is flexible and will bend to fit in the narrowest of openings.  Being the thrifty lady that I am, I am in love with this invention. Thank you to whoever had this brainchild.  You have warmed my heart and helped my pocketbook, because I hate to throw away perfectly good makeup.  (And, no, I have not been compensated for talking about this product.)  

I am so deeply grateful for the songbirds that visit my backyard.  This is the music I hear each morning when I sit on my back porch.  Enjoy!


What are you thankful for this week?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sharing this post with some of my friends at :
Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Lyli at Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life
Hope in Every Season Homemaking Party
Laura on Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger
Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.