Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Wild Things and Family


This week, I'm thankful for time with my family.  My youngest daughter and her family met us at the movies to see Jurassic World.  We enjoyed a very nice family time as we celebrated Father's Day. We played around with the display for The Peanuts Movie.  Looking forward to seeing that one in the Fall.


I am so thankful for my dear husband.  He is the best grandfather in the whole world, so the shirt is perfect for him.  And, my son-in-love is the best daddy in the whole wide world. I started praying for my daughters to have good husbands when they were very young.  G-d blessed them beyond my wildest dreams. 

I'm thankful, too for this surprise in my backyard this week.  I was sitting on the patio when what did I see?  A young raccoon strolling by and then jumping into our empty pond.  I grabbed my camera and started shooting.  I was amazed to see not one, but three raccoons hiding in the elephant ears. I didn't get a good shot of all three, because of the angle.  Aren't they cute?  


When they headed for the back fence, I stepped outside the patio and got a shot of them escaping the yard. When I enlarged the photos, I decided there was one adult and two young ones.  That's the adult in the front. Too bad I couldn't get a shot of all three.


We've had lots of baby birds leaving the nest this week - mockingbirds, doves, cardinals, and lots of blackbirds.  All of the parents were vigilant in protecting their babies, to the point that it's dangerous to go in the backyard.  I'm surprised they didn't attack those raccoons. 


Speaking of birds, one of our neighbors has a rooster whose crowing sounds like a Tarzan yell.  I am serious.  It just cracks me up every time I hear him.  I'm surprised no one has reported them to the county.  I had to get rid of my rooster because of his crowing.  Ah, the semi-country life...

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.  

What are you thankful for this week?

********************************* 


I'm sharing this post with some of my friends at :

Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story

Hope in Every Season Homemaking Party

Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

Thursday  Favorite Things

Friendship Friday 
  Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
 Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger

2 comments:

  1. When I saw your title at the Weekend Brew, I had to click. I do a post every Friday called Thankful Friday. Sharing everything from my week that God has blessed me with. I am glad to see yours and enjoying reading what you are thankful for. So many people complain about their lives so for me to not get caught up in that mindset, I write down the bigs and littles of the week to keep me grounded. Visit me if you wish and would love for you to link this to my Tuesday Talk link up party. Every Tuesday at 8:00 a..m. Nice to meet you Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a blessing for you to reflect and share what you are thankful for each week? It blesses all of us but I have found that when we stop and thank God for all He does for us we are in turn blessing ourselves in that act of honoring Him. Blessed you shared this at The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.