Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Still Waters

 
That's the Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy Space Center in the background.


I'm thankful to live near so much waterWe're only about twenty miles from the beach, a under five miles from a lake, as well as the river.  We're also only twenty-five minutes from the wildlife refuge, which has lots of winding roads through marshlands.  

One of my favorite Scriptures is Psalm 23, and the verse, "He leads me beside the still waters and restores my soul."  Nothing restores and rejuvinates my soul like being near still water.  The beach is nice, but I prefer a calm, reflecting lake or pond.  Here are a few recent photos of my time beside the still waters.

 





How can I avoid peace in the presence of such beauty?

Can you see the crane?  He thinks he's hidden.
 
 As the sun goes down, the pinks increase and paint the sky with joyful colors.  

And then the sunset glory comes.  I have to say, "How Great Thou Art."  Don't you?

Sunset on the Indian River Lagoon

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.  

What are you thankful for this week?

********************************* 



I'm sharing this post with some of my friends at :

Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story

Hope in Every Season Homemaking Party

Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

Thursday  Favorite Things

Friendship Friday 
  Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
 Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.