Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Poem for Sukkot

One of our sukkahs from the past

I ran across this poem this week, and think it is perfect for Sukkot.  It mentions the wilderness march and G-d's provision during the exodus from Egypt.  It is appropriate because as we observe this feast, we pause to remember and be thankful. 


He was better to me than all my hopes;
He was better than all my fears;
He made a bridge of my broken works,
And a rainbow of my tears.
 
The billows that guarded my sea-girt path,
But carried my L-rd on their crest;
When I dwell on the days of my wilderness march
I can lean on His love for the rest.
 
He emptied my hands of my treasured store,
And His covenant love revealed,
There was not a wound in my aching heart,
But the balm of His breath hath healed.
 
Oh, tender and true was the chastening sore,
In wisdom, that taught and tried,
Till the soul that He sought was trusting in Him,
And nothing on earth beside.
 
He guided by paths that I could not see,
By ways that I have not known;
The crooked was straight, and the rough was plain
As I followed the L-rd alone.
 
I praise Him still for the pleasant palms,
And the water-springs by the way,
For the glowing pillar of flame by night,
And the sheltering cloud by day.
 
Never a watch on the dreariest halt,
But some promise of love endears;
I read from the past, that my future shall be
Far better than all my fears.
 
Like the golden pot, of the wilderness bread,
Laid up with the blossoming rod,
All safe in the ark, with the law of the L-rd,
Is the, covenant care of my G-d.
(author unknown) 

The poem expresses much of my own experience.  The hard things have taught me to trust Him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:


Charlotte aSpiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     

Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up      

 A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party

 Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life


STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS

 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew


1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.