Friday, September 11, 2015

Thankful Thursday - This Week's Blessings


This is the view from our office window, and the orange and gold plant is a croton.  That's about as close as it gets to Fall color here in central Florida.  They look like this all year long.  Aren't they beautiful?  I am thankful to live in this little piece of paradise.



I'm thankful for music, and for the stringed instruments in my home.  Here is my grandson, playing his favorite (at the moment) song, Do Your Ears Hang Low?  I'm so thankful we get to see him every week. He makes himself at home when he arrives each week.  The shoes and socks and shirt come off first thing.  That's life in Florida, Gail-Friends.  Temps in the upper 90's, that feel like 100's, called for water balloon fights following this piano recital.



We made a trip to my happy place this week:  Chamblin Book Mine in Jacksonville, Florida  I was hanging out in the biography section, looking for books by Gladys Taber, and I found one!  I picked up Stillmeadow Sampler, for $8.00 - a very good price. It still had the dust cover. YAY!


That title, "Things I Remember" intrigues me..


We crossed over my favorite bridge and saw this fishing boat, followed by a flock of hungry seagulls. A beautiful sight.



On the way up, we stopped for lunch at Matanzas Inlet, and enjoyed watching birds, kayakers, fishermen, and the throngs of people enjoying the last day of summer.


Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.

What are you thankful for this week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
Janis with Sunday Stillness

THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA

 Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life 
  All Things Bright and Beautiful Link-Up



 Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Thursday  Favorite Things

Friendship Friday 
  Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women   
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING

PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS

 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.