Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Yom Kippur Blessings


On Tuesday of this week, we observed Yom Kippur with a service at our synagogue.  This day is always one of reverence, as we complete the ten days of awe.  During the service we reflect on our sins.  I'm always amazed that there are some that have snuck back in.  For me, it's complaining.  I asked forgiveness once again, and thanked Him for the blood of Yeshua that pays atonement for my sin.

We also reflect on any vows we have made that we did not fulfill.  We remember that Yeshua said it is best to let your yes be yes, and your no be no.  We ask to be released from any vows we made rashly and without proper sincerity and forethought.  

Another part of the service is the Torah procession.  As the Torah is paraded around the room, we keep our eyes on it, not turning our backs on it.  We kiss our matzurs and touch the Torah, because G-d's Word is like honey to our lips.  We are reminded that we are representing the Torah wherever we go, in whatever we say and do, which is humbling.


I'm thankful for Yom Kippur, because it is a needed reminder as we close the old year, and begin the new.  We spend the day in quiet reflection about the past, present and future of our lives.  It is a necessary discipline, because remembering is important.   G-d requires obedience and deserves our very best.  Our desire is to live holy lives for His glory.

Before I became a Messianic Jew, I was like everyone else around me in the church...treating sin lightly and taking His blood for granted. A deep, repetituve study of Torah changed that mindset.  His sacrifice meant more to me when I learned how much blood was required to pay for all the sins of the people.  Yom Kippur reminds me.  It humbles me, and makes me more and more thankful with each passing year.

This is one of the songs we sang at the service  Be blessed as you remember His mercy for your sins.



Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.

What are you thankful for this week?
*****************
 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at :






Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
Janis with Sunday Stillness

THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA





 Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Thursday  Favorite Things

Friendship Friday 
  Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
 Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger

STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING
PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS

 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.