Friday, November 20, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Morning and More


Do you love morning?  I do.  I love to sit and watch the morning come.  It's a special time of day.  The Scriptures mention it many times.  My heart fills with gratitude and joy as I watch the sun rise, and see and hear the birds begin to visit my yard.  Just think, Gail-Friends, our Creator feeds every living thing daily, including the birds and you and me.  Let's not forget to thank Him for that.

My daughter and I attended a painting get together this month, and it was great fun.  Everybody painted something different. They supplied the canvas, brushes and paints for us. This is my painting:


This is my daughter's painting. Isn't she talented?


Here we are together, and I'm always so grateful to spend time with her.  She pointed out that we both painted a tree, a bird, and included Scripture. Kindred spirits, right?


I decided I didn't like how my bird looked, so I changed my painting.  I haven't added the Scripture yet.


We held a shower for one of our sweet synagogue ladies last night, and had so much fun.  I'm thankful for girlfriends and spending time with them, aren't you?  Women need time together sometimes, right?


And here's a neat treat one of the ladies brought.  It is white grapes, dipped in caramel sauce and then dipped in chopped nuts.  Simple and healthy, right? 



I'm so thankful to see the first beautiful male painted bunting of the season.  Sorry for the bad photo.  I only had my camera phone at that point.  I'm praying we have as many as last year.


We picked up our grandson last week for play-day, and asked what he'd like to do.  He was very thoughtful for a bit, and then said, "Well...you know the new Peanuts movie is playing now." So, we went to see it and had the best time.


It's such a sweet movie and has great music.  In one scene, they are at a school dance, and the music is peppy and joyful.  He jumped up from his seat and started dancing, so we did, too.  JOY!  Grandchildren are so much fun.

Here's something else that gave me joy this week.  These are the words of author, Lucy Maud Montgomery OBE (1874–1942), from Anne of Windy Poplars, 1936.

"Anne, sitting at her tower window one late November evening, with her pen at her lip and dreams in her eyes, looked out on a twilight world and suddenly thought she would like a walk to the old graveyard. She had never visited it yet, preferring the birch and maple grove or the harbour road for her evening rambles. But there is always a November space after the leaves have fallen when she felt it was almost indecent to intrude on the woods…for their glory terrestrial had departed and their glory celestial of spirit and purity and whiteness had not yet come upon them."

Those words beg to be savored, and I've read them over and over again.  The image they paint in my mind begs to be painted.  I love the Anne of Green Gables books, and never get tired of re-reading them.  With my Kindle, I can take the whole set with me when I travel. JOY!

Here's the view from my window, with the tiny bit of Fall we get here in central Florida. Look closely at the top of the photo and you can see a few colorful leaves. The crotons in the foreground stay that color all year long.  Don't hate me, but the temperature is almost ninety here today.  I'm thankful, because I love warm weather all year long.



What are you thankful for today, Gail-Friends?

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be grateful for all the good things in my life.  

***********

I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:
 

Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   




MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     

Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up      

 A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party

 Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life




Paint Party Friday 





STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS



 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

9 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post. Being able to have an art session with you daughter is the best. Wishing you and your family a happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, Nicole, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
      Blessings,
      GG

      Delete
  2. I too love mornings, birds and Anne! I am very thankful for each morning, each bird that visits my bird feeder and for the exquisite words of L.M. Montgomery. I spent the summer rereading three of her books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, it sounds like you and I are kindred spirits. Thank you for you kind words.
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. We took our kiddos to see the Peanuts movie. It made such a nice family outing. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see more "nice, feel-good" movies like these that families could go to together. They are few and far between.
      Blessings to you, Helene, and I hope you'll stop by again soon.
      GG

      Delete
  5. Love that you and your daughter's paintings had the same theme!

    I enjoyed that quote from Lucy Maud Montgomery. I have all the Anne stories on my kindle, too.

    Thanks for sharing your joys. It sounds like you had a beautiful month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea - what a beautiful name! Thank you for stopping by today and leaving your encouraging words.
      Blessings,
      GG

      Delete
  6. I always wanted to go to one the painting things.

    achildoftherisenking.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.