Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thankful Thursday - A Bird Blessing






I've often written about lessons G-d has taught me through birds, and I call them bird blessings.  I received another one today.

This morning, I sat on my patio with the San Bernardino massacre heavy on my heart.  I prayed for the comfort of the families, friends, co-workers, and the first responders involved in this tragedy.  Sadness covered me like a soggy blanket.

I turned on Pandora and tuned in to a Choral Christmas station.  I listened to the beautiful carols as I read Proverb 3 and meditated on this verse that touched my heart:

Trust in Adonai with all your heart;
do not rely on your own understanding.

I prayed, Yes, Father, I cling to You because I do not understand any of the awful things I see happening in my country right now.  

 Don’t be afraid of sudden terror or destruction
caused by the wicked, when it comes; 
 for you can rely on Adonai

Thank you, Father, for reminding me that You hold me in Your hand and cover me with your shield.  I trust You to hold me, to guide me, and to grant me discernment in times like these.  You have always provided for me, protected me, and guided me through every dark valley.

My heart felt peace, but He had another blessing.  I saw a bird fly in front of me and perch on a branch nearby.  A beautiful female cardinal stared back at me. 


I sat very still and watched her for about ten minutes before I took this photo with my phone.  She seemed to be listening to the carols.  We sat and listened, and worshipped the L-rd as I thought about the beauty of music, and nature and birds, especially.  My little friend cocked her head and opened her beak, but made no sounds at all.  We worshipped together for another ten or fifteen minutes and I thought:

Welcome pretty red bird...
let's laud His holy Name
for when we start to worship,
nothing stays the same.
Our sad hearts will be lifted,
our sorrows will grow dim
if we will only lift our praise
and focus just on Him.

My heart felt such JOY!  Once again I was reminded that He watches over me just as He watches over and cares for the birds.  Comfort, peace, and JOY -- overflowing blessings filled me as I listened to the carols and watched my little friend.  She sat there for another fifteen minutes.  She sat so still for so long, in fact, that I was able to get my "real" camera and take some good close-up shots.  What a wonderful bird blessing.

Thank You, Father!



 Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.

What are you thankful for today?

**************

I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:
 

Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   





MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     

Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up      

 A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party

 Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life

Friendship Friday 


STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS


 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.