Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Live Music


We attended a live performance of the Central Florida Winds this past weekend.  I love to sit up close so I can see the musicians play and interact with the conductor and each other.  During the intermission, these instruments were standing alone and looked so beautiful I just had to take their picture.  I'm so thankful for music, and for the musicians who practice, practice, practice to make it perfect.  I know this because I studied piano for five years.

The conductor was delightful and his joy was contagious.  I enjoyed watching him lead them seamlessly through the works of composers Mahler, Wagner, Hindemith, Toch and Grainger.



Being up front, you get to see all of the action.  I love the oboes, bassoons and trombones. Such glorious tones.

This concert was in a church and the stained glass windows were amazingly beauty-FULL.  I took these photos with my phone, so they don't show the  gorgeous colors.

This one of the Ten Commandments just took my breath away.  I'll have to go back and take better pictures.


This mosaic was on a brochure at the church.  It touched me and reminded me of the broken pieces of my life - and how ADONAI has reformed them into something beauty-FULL.  For that, I am so grate-FULL.

What are you thank-FULL for this week?

Thankful Thursday is my day of the week to focus on and be thankful for the good things in my life.

*************
 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   



MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.