Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wisdom Wednesdays - Purim Ponderings


Purim  - Queen Esther aka Amanda.jpg

Hadassah, aka Queen Esther, pondering.

                                                  
Wednesday is here, and tonight at sundown, Purim begins.  I'm busy getting ready for our big party on Friday evening.  I've been planning, preparing, shopping, and praying for the big event all week.  I'm also looking forward to tomorrow and my yearly tradition of making hamentaschen with my grandson.  I love this holiday, not just because of the fun, but because of the reminders that always make me ponder. 

Hadassah's statement, "Who knows, but that I was born for such a time as this," always adjures me to examine my own heart and life.  Each year, her story inspires me to continue to follow her example.

Like Hadassah, I was born for such a time as this, to obey G-d in a godless society.  She could have taken the easy way out and denied her heritage.  She could have saved herself and allowed her people to be destroyed.  She recognized G-d's calling on her life, and she was committed to her task.  I pray I will be, too.

She put her faith in G-d, and said, "If I perish, I perish."  Each year, I ponder whether I would be willing to die for my beliefs.  Over the last few years, we're seeing more and more believers murdered, simply for their faith in G-d.  Did you think you'd ever see that?  Hadassah trusted G-d.  I pray I will, too, if ever faced with such a choice.

Chag Sameach Purim! (Happy Purim) to you all, Gail-Friends.  Enjoy...and ponder.

You can read more about Purim HERE.  Learn how to make hamentaschen HERE.

**********************

I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   



MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.