Friday, April 1, 2016

Thankful Thursday - My Blessed Life




This quote touched me this week and I hope it blesses you.

"Be happy with what you have and are,
be generous with both,
 and you won't have to hunt for happiness."
~William E. Gladstone.

Here are a few of my blessings over the last week or so:

My hamentaschen turned out well, as did our party last week.  I loved seeing the children in the Torah procession:



and under the tallit for the children's blessing:

The oldest rabbi in Israel showed up to read the whole magillah (book of Esther).


The congregation enjoyed making lots of noise during the reading.


A good time was enjoyed by all.  To learn more about Purim, click on this LINK.

We enjoyed celebrating our daughter's birthday.  Instead of the usual birthday cake, I made a "fruit" cake.  You should have seen my grandson's expression when I brought it out.  "I thought you loved us" was written all over his face.  I added some sugar-free whipped cream for the ones who wanted it.  It really was delicious!



 It's a watermelon slice topped with fresh fruit and coconut.


We took our grandson shopping to buy his momma a present.  He picked out a crown.  What a perfect present!!!



There's no better JOY than having my loved ones at my table.  I'm a blessed woman, and so thankful.

What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.

*****
  I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.