Friday, May 6, 2016

Sabbath Music - Reach Out to Jesus


For two weeks prior to Passover, I was sick and unable to attend the synagogue for our Erev Shabbat service, so I held a worship service at home.  The photo above was taken on our patio and shows the candles, siddur (prayer book), wine and bread.  This night, I was really sad, and lonely because I really missed being with our mishpacha (family) and having the fresh-baked challah provided by one of our members. 

At sundown, I lit the candles and began to say the prayers out loud.  An amazing thing happened at that moment, when a beautiful red cardinal flew into the yard and perched on a nearby tree.  First, I should explain that in our service, we have responsive readings.  The rabbi or cantor reads, and then the congregation responds.  Well, on this Sabbath night, I began the first reading, and when I finished, the cardinal sang.  All the way through the readings, he responded with a song at the end of each and every prayer. Then, when the prayers were finished, he flew away.

I tell you, Gail-Friends, it was a holy time.  I know Hashem sent that little bird to join me in worship and to encourage me in my time alone at home.  What a blessing.  What a JOY.  G-d is so very good to me.  This is just one of the many times He has sent birds to minister to me, and I truly was blessed on that Sabbath evening.  In my illness and sadness, and in my worship alone, Hashem took my hand and comforted me with His sweet presence.

This song was very special to me during my time of sickness:  Reach Out to Jesus, sung by Elvis. The words brought me great comfort and I hope they bless you, too.  (If the embed doesn't work, you can click on this LINK to enjoy the song.)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiStcVpkCok

**************

 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.