Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thankful Thursday - 2016





2016 was a very good year because it was a restful year.  I'm thankful for my year-long season of rest.  Lots of porch sitting, reading and journaling.  The four years before were a long season of stress, death, and grief.  My body, mind and spirit needed renewing.  

I'm thankful for my porch, my pond, and long rides in the country with my husband.  

Golden Pond








Hubby drives, and I take pictures of G-d's beautiful world.  There's so much.  I'm thankful for eyes to see that glory.


I'm thankful for family times around my table.  Actually, this is my mother's table.  Having it here reminds me of all the times we gathered at her table over the years.


I'm thankful for our synagogue family, and the wonderful times we've had together.  This photo was taken the day Rabbi Jem baptized five young people.  2016 was a blessing as we saw eight baptized, one Bar Mitzvah, one Bat Mitzvah, and four weddings.  Glory to Hashem!


Laughter!! I'm so thankful for laughter this year.  That little boy and his grandfather are a constant source of joy and laughs.  The first thing our grandson does when he gets to our house is take off his shoes, then his socks, and then his shirt.  He feels at home for sure.  And that box!  It's his favorite thing to play with.  He's amazingly creative with it, too.

My neighbor's cat has been a source of joy, too.  He comes over every day for a visit.  This is one of his favorite places to sit.


and then, there's this:


And if you know me, you know I'm thankful for the birds.  They always lift my spirits and teach me great lessons.

Palm Warbler

What are you thankful for in 2016?

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all the many blessings in my life.

************


I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gratitude list! Your porch and pond are so peaceful looking. What a perfect place to rest and enjoy.

    I love birds too! They always cause me to be present in the moment.

    Thank you for sharing God's blessings with all of us. I feel refreshed after visiting here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I like what you said "birds cause me to be present in the moment". I'd not thought of that way, but you are so right.

      Thank you for stopping by Gail-Friends, and please come back real soon. It's nice to meet a kindred spirit.

      Blessings,
      GG

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.