Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Happiness and Joy




I've got some catching up to do here on my blog.  I wanted to share with y'all a wonderful gift Rabbi and I received at Hanukkah.  A member of our synagogue hand-crafted this gorgeous menorah.


The menorah folds up and fits in one of the drawers.


The other drawer holds the candles.


Paul even made little balls that fit in the candle holders that prevent the wax from sticking.  Amazing, right?  Here is the menorah lit up in our home.  Isn't it beautiful?


We had a great Hanukkah party at the synagogue.  I made my annual Hanukkah menorah dip, and Taylor made this veggie menorah that we found on Pinterest.


I'm thankful to have finally mastered making a sound on the shofar.  I can't really call it good, but it's a start.





We had a beach wedding in December.  So much joy and happiness to see this young couple begin their life with G-d.




We prayed abundant blessings on David and Amanda, and that they will have many, many happy years together.

We had some cooler weather at the end of December, so we were able to enjoy our firepit, and the fabulous neighborhood fireworks show.



We ate our traditional Southern meal (black-eyed peas and rice) on New Years Day and enjoyed a glorious, warm day on the porch.


Last week, some of the ladies from the synagogue and I went to IKEA in Orlando.  Girls just want to have fun!! And we had lots of it.  We ate brunch at KeKe's, and then after shopping ate dessert at Madelein's. Both were new restaurants for me, and I highly recommend them.



What are you thankful for his week, Gail-Friends?

Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for all the many blessings in my life.

************


I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 

4 comments:

  1. Thankful for my youngest son's birthday party which celebrates him and calls all his brothers and significant others home for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, our family around the table is a mother's greatest joy. Happy birthday to your son.
    Blessings to you all and I hope you have a happy day together.
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was such a joy!

    Oh my! The menorah - what a treasure!

    Enjoyed a glimpse into all that you are thankful for!

    May your new year continue with many more blessings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I pray the same for you.
    Thanks for your kind words,
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.