Friday, March 3, 2017

Sabbath Music - Dulcimer Hymnal


Greetings sweet Gail-Friends.  I hope you've had a good week.  Mine has been wonderfully busy doing creative things.  I'm combining this post with my Thankful Thursday post because I've had so much going on.

I'm very thankful for a book that came into my hands this week.  You can read about it on my previous POST  --  NOW: Purposeful Steps Toward a More Abundant Life by Mrs. Sarah Coller  -- encouraged me to dust off my dreams and goals.  Playing the Appalachian mountain dulcimer is one of those goals.  I purchased a dulcimer from Craigs List this week and have enjoyed learning a bit about it through YouTube.  The music I'll be sharing with you today is Dulcimer Hymns for the mountain dulcimer.  Enjoy, Gail-Friends.  I'm thankful, too, that the sheet music for the songs can be downloaded for FREE.  (I love free, don't you?)

Here's a picture of a dulcimer workshop I attended last year at the Florida Folk Festival where I began dreaming of learning to play...


Which leads me to another thing I'm thankful for -- YouTube.  Isn't it amazing that we can have so much information at our fingertips through the internet?  One of my favorite things to do used to be browsing through the library. Now I love browsing through the internet.  It's like a giant, never-ending library in my own home. 

Today is preparation day, and the Sabbath begins at sundown.  I'm thankful for that blessed day.  Isn't the graphic lovely?  I don't have a source for it, but am thankful for whoever made it.  I'm thankful for His eternal covenant.  I pray you enjoy your Sabbath with your Beloved.

He is the Bridegroom, we are His bride
 

 ********

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.