Friday, June 23, 2017

Sabbath Music - It is Good (Tov L'Hodot)




I've been meditating on Psalm 92 this week.  The psalm is subtitled "A Psalm for Shabbat", and is read weekly in some synagogues.  I love the note at the bottom of this Psalm in my Complete Jewish Bible:

"The holiness of Shabbat emerges as the shackles of daily life and the hurriedness of the workweek are set aside for a day.  In loving care, G-d provides Shabbat as a weekly time of restoration between humanity and their Creator." ~~ Rabbi Abraham Heschel


I hope you enjoy your Sabbath and this beautiful song, based on Psalm 92:

Tov L-Hodot - It Is Good by Michael ben David



~~~~~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
Spiritual Sundays     Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       Modest Mom Monday Link-up     The Art of Homemaking Mondays   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.