Friday, September 8, 2017

Sabbath Music - He Covers Me

photo source unknown
I have a wonderful song to share with you today.  Under His Wings by Christine Jackman, is based on Psalm 91, which I call my hurricane psalm. I love how the children in the video are getting the visual and tactile lesson of the tallit being like the wings of ADONAI.

As I've worked today, I've remembered 2004 when I went through three back-to-back hurricanes.  Psalm 91 was my constant meditation, and it is comforting to me today.  We've been working yesterday and today to prepare for the storm, but this evening and tomorrow, I will be still for the Sabbath.

I will play this song, while draped in my prayer shawl, and imagine His wings covering and protecting us, our family, our congregation, and our whole state.  I will read the passage, and praise G-d for His protection and provision.  I pray you meditate on this Psalm, and join me in the prayer below it.


Psalm 91
(My Hurricane Psalm)


 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the
L-rd, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My G-d, in Him I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[a]
And from the perilous pestilence.

He shall cover you with His feathers,

And under His wings you shall take refuge;

His truth shall be your shield and buckler.

You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,

Nor of the arrow that flies by day,

Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,

Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;

But it shall not come near you.

Only with your eyes shall you look,

And see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the L-rd, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,

10 No evil shall befall you,

Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;

11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,

To keep you in all your ways.

12 In their hands they shall bear you up,

Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,

The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble;

I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life I will satisfy him,

And show him My salvation.”
As a native Floridian, I' been through many hurricanes, so I've learned to always be prepared, but I know many people are very afraid as Hurricane Irma approaches.   If you would like us to pray for you or someone else, please post your prayer request in the comments section below.

This is my prayer for all in the path of the hurricane:

Dear Heavenly Father, Master of the Universe, we humbly pray for the storm to move east and out to sea or to dissapate completely.  If it does come over land and there are devastating effects, we know You will give us strength to get through the trial.  You always teach us more about You in times like these.  Because we know this, we praise you and thank you in all things.

Father,  if the storm comes, we pray for the people who will be in the path of Hurricane Irma.  We pray you will help them as they prepare or evacuate.  We pray you will protect them from harm and destruction of body and property.

Father, if the storm comes, we pray for the first responders who will help after the storm.  Protect them, and comfort the families they leave behind as they go out to assist others.  I pray for neighbors to help neighbors and pull together for their communities during this stressful time.

Give them awareness of your presence, especially in times like these.  We pray they will be comforted by your Word and your presence.  We pray they will feel your comfort and protection surrounding them.

Thank you for preserving your Word to guide and comfort us.  Thank you for love and your presence.  We pray and believe, in the power of the name of Yeshua, our Messiah.  Amain.


Shabbat shalom and blessings to you, Gail-Friends.

HURRICANE UPDATE AFTER THE STORM.

********
I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday







He covers me     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuXuKWzVM9k

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gail! Please pray for my daughter Rachel, husband and 4 children. They live in DeLand and staying in their home. My brother's children, Brian and Lori and their families, they live in the Palm Coast area. Thank you so much for praying for my loved ones, even as I pray for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will pray for them, Brenda. Sanford and Palm Coast are not far from us, and the storm track looks much better for our area this morning. Thank you for praying for us, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail-Friends, please pray for my friend, Brenda, in Jacksonville, FL. She had a heart attack and a stint put in on Wednesday, home from the hospital on Friday.

    Also, pray for my friend, Amanda, who lives on the southwest coast of Florida. She has 7 little boys and had to evacuate quickly yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: See my post Hurricane Irma Blessings. My friend Brenda is doing fine, as well as Amanda's family. Thank you for the prayers.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.