Friday, September 29, 2017

Sabbath Music -The Joy of Holiness






Sundown today will usher in Yom Kippur as well as Shabbat.   On Yom Kippur (Lev. 16:29), we pause for twenty-four hours to search our hearts for hidden sins, to seek reconciliation with anyone we've sinned against, and to ask Adonai's forgiveness for those sins.  This yearly reminder is essential as we acknowledge that sin can creep in.  We are reminded of His holiness and of His desire for us to be righteous people. We also worship Him and praise Him for His forgiveness through the blood of Yeshua our Messiah.

During the past ten days of awe, I've been acutely aware of Adonai's holiness.  I've known His grace and His unfailing love since childhood and been grateful to know it.  Studying Torah has brought a new understanding of His truth and righteousness.  Living without knowledge of both sides of His nature did not bless my life.  Only through obedience have I found peace and blessings.  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that one cannot fully understand the New Testament without an understanding of Torah. 

 He has burned this thought into my mind and heart over the last twenty-four hours:

Depraved minds 

are devoid of

common sense

 
Beloved, do you know what it means to be depraved?   It means corrupt, abandoned, perverted, evil, vicious, degraded, vile, degenerate, immoral, wicked, shameless, sinful, lewd, debased, profligate, debauched, lascivious, dissolute, licentious.

 Lack of Biblical truth = depravity.  

Today's feel-good church message, rather than the true gospel, leads to depravity.  We live in a day of depraved churches, preachers, teachers, and church members.  These people believe they will be in heaven when they die.  They don't know the Bible truth about eternal life.  Yeshua said,"on that day (of judgment), I will say, I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness! (Matthew 7:21-23)

Yeshua was telling us to obey His Laws.  

 
If the "gospel" preached does not include teshuvah (repentance, and obedience to Torah), it is not the true gospel. I pray you will read Matthew 7:13-29 and meditate on the words of Jesus about Judgement Day.  Yeshua obeyed the Torah, His disciples obeyed the Torah, and He told them to go out and teach others to obey the Torah. 



This Yom Kippur, 
may you have a new awareness of 
G-d's holiness
through study of His Torah. 



This week, I have two songs for you, both with dancing: This one is for Yom Kippur, reminding us of His holiness    Kadosh - Hebrew for Holy   And this one is for Shabbat.  It means "The Joy of Holiness." Oh, Gail-Friends,  I love it so much!  The song is in Hebrew, but the second half is in English  Simchat Kadosh


I considered my ways and turned my feet to Your testimonies. 
Without any hesitation, I hurry to obey your commandments. 
Psalms 119:59-60

 
****

I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.