Friday, September 1, 2017

Sabbath Music - A Song and a Poem



One of my favorite things to do on Shabbat is to watch birds.  Sometimes I watch them from my back porch as they visit Golden Pond and the birdfeeders.  Sometimes I watch them with hubby on our photo drives around the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge.

One thing I've noticed is that you never see a skinny, starving bird.  I watch my backyard birds catch bugs, and watch the shore birds catch fish.  I'm always reminded of this verse (Matthew 6:26):

 Look at the birds flying about! 
They neither plant nor harvest, nor do they gather food into barns;
 yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.
Aren’t you worth more than they are?

I love meditating on how God always meets our needs.  My journal has pages and pages of answered prayers and fulfilled needs.  Any time my faith grows a bit weak, all I have to do is read my prayer journal. 

Said the Robin to the Sparrow:
"I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so."

Said the Sparrow to the Robin:
"Friend, I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father,
Such as cares for you and me."
~ Elizabeth Cheney ~

My heart is heavy for the suffering victims of Hurricane Harvey.  Let's pray for them, and do what we can to help meet their needs.  Just like God sometimes uses people to put out bird feeders, He sometimes moves on the hearts of His people to provide for others.  We all can do something to help.

Perhaps you know someone who's been affected by the hurricane .  This song may be of great comfort to them. The song has the lyrics, and is performed by Lauryn Hill and Tanya Blount: His Eye Is On The Sparrow

As you listen to the song, pray for those in Texas and Louisiana and thank God for all the many things He's provided for you this past week.


~ ~ ~ ~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday

2 comments:

  1. That has always been one of my favorite songs.

    Love that you have such a wonderful bird watching locale! My Lizzie would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a great blessing. Thanks for stopping by today, Jeanie.
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.