Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Battening Down the Hatches


graphic courtesy of Little Birdie Blessings

Please pray for all in the path of Hurrican Irma, including us.   It looks like she will be heading toward us here on the Space Coast.  We're praying for the storm to lose strength, take an easterly turn, and head on out to sea.

As a life-long Florida girl, I've been through lots of hurricanes, but category 4's and 5's are the most destructive and devastating.  I'll never forget a visit to Miami after Andrew.  Every tree was chopped off.  It was like a war zone.  We are prepared to ride out Cat 1-3s, and praying we don't have to evacuate.  Hurricanes are scary, but you can get away from them.  This can be tricky in Florida, though, because everybody has to head north and the roads can become like a parking lot.


We're also still thinking of and praying for the people in Texas and Louisiana.  I want to mention a local ministry that we trust and recommend for any donations you may want to give.  Air Mobile Ministries is run by our friends, Joe and Cindy Hurston.  They make and provide water purifiers for people affected by natural disasters such as hurricanes.  If you'd like to support their efforts, you can mail funds or donate through their website.  We've known the Hurstons for many years, and are confident that your donations will be used for the purpose you designate.

I've much to be thankful for this week.  First, that we are always ready for hurricanes because that's how we roll as Florida residents.  We do have lots to do in the yard, though.  We have to take in all of our garden art and precious potted plants that could blow away.  And, of course, the birdfeeders.



 And I'll have to gether in our flock of flamingos. 


I hope our neighbor takes her cats inside. Toon-Chee has adopted us.  Our front walk is his favorite spot for an afternoon nap.


We had a great Labor Day holiday with our loved ones. I'm so thankful they live nearby.  Every moment is precious.  I'm thankful for his visits because I like cats.  I especially like that he's such a laid-back kind of guy.  He just takes everything in stride, including our dachshund.


More silliness from our grandson, aka Pillow Case Boy:


And I'm so thankful for the blessing of experiencing boys.  Rearing two daughters was nothing like this:


I love this little boy.  He'll be eight years old next month.  How did he get so big so fast????



The picture below is of him with a big old GiGi lipstick kiss on his cheek.  He, of course, tried to wipe it off, but I told him, "You can't wipe off sugar!"


I asked him if he could see better with his new glasses.  He tenderly touched my face and said, "Yeah. I can see your lines in your face."   I'm okay with it, Gail-Friends.  They're my "laugh lines."

I'm thankful for fresh flowers.  So much joy for only $4.00 at Aldi or Publix.  I buy a bunch and can separate them to make two bouquets.  I add some artificial baby's breath and VOILA!  Pure bliss!


It's the little, simple things that make life so sweet.

What are you thankful for this week?

Thankful Thursday is my day of the week to focus on and be thankful for all of the good things in my life.

 ~ ~ ~ ~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends: 

Spiritual Sundays     GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTYTitus 2 Tuesday       TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS    Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up        Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you Gail as you wait to see the path of Hurricane Irma. Your grandson is adorable, pillow boy - funny, the lizard in the mouth.. yup, I know about little boys and things of that nature with my own grandsons about that age. The graphic is perfect here, so happy you used it. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are included in my prayers for those in Irma's path.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.