Thursday, December 28, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Christmas Blessings


Greetings, Gail-Friends.  I hope your Christmas was filled with peace, love, and JOY.  Our's certainly was. 

This is the first time in years that we didn't get to attend any Christmas concerts or a candlelight service.  We did, however, have a peace-filled Christmas at home, worshipping the Messiah through some wonderful concerts on television.  At our synagogue, we had a Christmas carol sing-along during our Friday night Sabbath service before Christmas. 
Our little doxie is blind, but she loves music.  She sat stock-still and listened to this whole show as they sang Christmas carols.  She was worshipping, too.


I also kept I Heart Radio going for a week, playing bluegrass Christmas carols and soft, gentle worship music.  

I'm so thankful that Yeshua came, even if December 25 is not the date of His birth.  I saw this quote this week:

It doesn't matter the date He came.
What matters is that He came.

On Christmas day, we went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. It's a Jewish tradition.  As we drove around, we talked about how glad we are that Yeshua's birth is observed in America. December 25 is the only day when (almost) everything is closed down.  During Christmas, His name is lifted up.  His story is told.  He is remembered, reverenced, and lauded.  That fills my heart with JOY!

I'm also very thankful that President Trump is leading our country to say Merry Christmas and speaking of G-d.  He truly is making America great again, and I admire the stand he's taking.

On Christmas Eve, we had a family get together and enjoyed some good food and some silly selfie-taking.  Amanda took this one because Rabbi Jem can't smile while doing the camera (as you can see in the second picture):


 My loves <3 p="">


Do you see that wall hanging behind us?  It says, "In this home, we are thankful, grateful, and blessed."  My dear friend, Barbara, gave me that, and I dearly love it because it speaks my heart.

The kids thought it was really funny that we gave them hats and gloves - but, hey, it's been down in the 60's this week in central Florida.  That's COLD to me.  Amanda didn't have her's on, but she got a set, too.  Jon wore his all night!

Amanda has a new album coming out with a song she wrote called Flo-Grown, so we thought that called for matching shirts.



I've discovered a great dessert for the holidays: sugar-free vanilla ice cream with a teaspoon (or two) of Irish Cream.  It's yummy!


We went to see the movie, The Darkest Hour, which was about Winston Churchill and the Dunkirk Miracle of World War II.  It was great, and the audience applauded at the end which is very rare these days. President Trump reminds me of Churchill.  What a blessing his leadership is for America.

My heart is full to overflowing with peace, love, and JOY this week.  This has been a special season.  Celebrating Hanukkah and Christmas is a wonderful, awesome double blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.