Friday, December 15, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Wonder and Awe

graphic courtesy of Garden of Bright Images on Facebook

This is me.  I'm always so filled with awe.  For most of my life, I had a recurring dream that I relate to this graphic.

In my dream, I am walking down a sidewalk covered with leaves.  They are so beautiful, green, gold, red, yellow . . . and I am filled with JOY.  I begin to kick the leaves up in the air, enjoying the sight of them drifting back down.  The leaves become piles, and as I kick them, the leaves reveal gold and silver coins -- lots of coins piled on top of each other.  I've discovered a hidden treasure!  I smile and laugh and throw the leaves up in the air.  It's such a happy dream.

When I wake up, I always know what it means -- that JOY is in the little things.

I've never been rich in money, but I'm filthy rich in JOY.  Simple things make me happy.  I've never hungered for fancy clothes or houses or even dreamed of being rich.  I've always FELT rich.

The Scriptures say, "Now godliness with contentment is great gain." That's what makes me rich, Gail-Friends.

Here are some photos of the things that fill me with wonder and awe and make me feel rich.



I call this Florida snow because that's what it looks like to me.  These tiny pink flowers are covering our whole neighborhood right now.  Here's a close-up.  That blur is the tip of my finger. 
Don't they look like tiny lilies? 




I'm filled with awe, when someone is on my heart,
and I see her name right in front of me:




The beauty of the river when a storm is on the way.




A hidden surprise:



A rose-colored sunset on the lake:


Our fur baby, celebrating the Sabbath with us.  
She sat very still, in that same spot, 
through our whole Sabbath service at home that night.


Living long enough to see my children's children.  I have one grandchild, and what a blessing and joy he is.  I'm filled with wonder every time I see his precious face.




Being married to a man who is Godly, wise, kind, and brave.  
Men like him are very rare.  I'm in awe of how God brought us together.  

For all of these things, I'm filled with wonder and gratitude.  I'm so very rich.

What fills you with awe and wonder, Gail-Friends?


Blessings to you!

~~~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.