Friday, January 26, 2018

Thankful Thursday - How Sweet It Is

The day I became GiGi (a grandmother)



And here he is today - a source of constant love and JOY . . . and laughter!  We are so thankful for him.


Do you remember the saying, "How Sweet It Is"?  It was spoken by tv host, Jackie Gleason, on his weekly show back in the 1950's.  Well, that's how I feel about being a grandmother.  I love it!  I thank G-d every day for my husband, children, their husbands, and our grandson.  We are so blessed.


Father and son warming up by the fire dvd, which we've used a lot this winter.
So thankful that we got to spend some time with dear friends this week.  How sweet it was!

The restaurant where we ate is on the water, and I got to take some good photos of birds -- I'm always thankful for that


This sign was in a park near the restaurant.  Don't you love it?

How sweet it is to be able to have fresh flowers all year 'round.  They make me feel so rich.  But, hey, I am rich!!!  I can buy a $4.00 bouquet that lasts for two or more weeks at our local Winn Dixie or Publix grocery. (Aldi and Walmart flowers don't last as well.) Here are a couple of bouquets I've made lately.  

A bunch of carnations was only $4.00

A mixed bouquet with three roses was only $4.00, too.
I want to share a little trick I use with fresh flowers to make a fuller bouquet:  I use artificial baby's breath.  That way, I can use it over and over again. I buy a bunch at Walmart for about $3.00.  I cut one bunch down to fit the small containers.  It makes me so happy to save money!! 

~~~
I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.