Friday, February 2, 2018

Sabbath Music - He Leads His Dear Children Along




Come aside and rest a while, dear Gail-Friends.  I have a beautiful song for your meditation time on Shabbat.  As you listen, think about your Good Sheperd leading you through green pastures and beside still waters.  Remember, He sometimes leads us to dark, stony paths, but has promised to be with us.  Hold on to the Good Sheperd's hand no matter where the path may take you.


This song has been running through my head lately.  It's a song from my childhood, and I like this rendition by a Mennonite church choir.    He Leads His Dear Children Along  is a powerful song, and I hope you'll listen and follow along with the words, which are based on this Scripture:

"But now thus saith the L-RD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, 
Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, 
I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; 
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: 
when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; 
neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. 
For I am the L-RD thy G-d, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior."

What a glorious promise. 

Have a good Shabbos, Gail-Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.