Thursday, March 1, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Morning People




I'm thankful for morning people -- those who wake up happy, chatty, and ready to take on the world.  My sweet husband is a morning person, and he always makes coffee or tea for me to help me wake up.  He does this because he knows I'm not a morning person.  No, you'd have to describe me as a morning stupor person.

I'm thankful for the morning people, but honestly, I really want them to be quiet about it.  I remember one time going on a trip with some lady friends where we shared a hotel room.  One of the ladies woke us up singing, "Good Morning to YOU!" in a super loud voice.  On the second morning of this, I looked at her with one eye open and said, "Do you know what the Bible says about being loud in the morning?"

"No, because I'm sure it doesn't talk about that," she chirped while dancing around the room.

"Oh, yes, it does," I said with sincere effort to be nice.  "It's in Proverbs 27:14  -- Whoever greets his neighbor in a loud voice at dawn might just as well have cursed him."

"You made that up."

"No, dear.  Look it up."

I don't know if she ever did, but I sure have quoted that verse to a lot of people.  It makes me thankful that G-d understands those of us who are not morning people.

As always, I'm thankful for the little, everyday things in my world. Here are a few:

Watching hubby with the most spoiled dog in the world.

Time with our grandson.  We went hiking in the Enchanted Forest.  Here he is identifying animal tracks in the concrete sidewalk.

We saw this very strange looking tree and learned that the Indians used the bark as a toothache remedy.






And this spring green leaf that caught my eye with its brilliance.


Our grandson in a sweet moment with Patty O'Frog (the frog Jem gave me for Valentine's Day).  You can read about that HERE.


 I love this grapic from Garden of Bright Images on Facebook (used by permission).


I love this quote because it captures the way I feel about life.  There is so much beauty and joy in the world if you take the time to look for it.

I'm thankful for laughter, too, and thought I'd share some things that made me laugh lately.



Our daughter teaching her son how to put a headlock on a stuffed frog.  LOL!

That cracked me up.

Found this online, too.  I used to be a church secretary, and I know first-hand that church ladies with typewriters can make some hilarious mistakes. These sentences actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced at church services:
--------------------------
The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
--------------------------
Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
--------------------------
The sermon this morning: Jesus Walks on the Water. The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus.'
--------------------------
Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
--------------------------
Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
--------------------------
Miss Charlene Mason sang, 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
--------------------------
For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
--------------------------
Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
--------------------------
Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
--------------------------
A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
--------------------------
At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What Is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
--------------------------
Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
--------------------------
Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want to be remembered.
--------------------------
The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.
--------------------------
Pot-luck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM - prayer and medication to follow.
--------------------------
The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
--------------------------
This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
--------------------------
The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the Congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
--------------------------
Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please use the back door.
--------------------------
The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the Church basement, Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
--------------------------
Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.


What are you thankful for this week?

Blessings to you, Gail-Friends.

~~~

 I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.