Friday, June 29, 2018

Sabbath Music - It Is No Secret



Do you find it difficult to slow down and rest on the Sabbath?  Most people do, but I have a little tip for you.  All you have to do is ask Adonai to make you willing.  This song is in line with that.  It Is No Secret What God Can Do was popular (right up there with Elvis) back in the 1950's and I ran across it last week when I was thinking about This Old House (last week's song).  I hope you'll be still and listen to the lyrics of this beautiful song.

The story of how this song was written is really interesting:  It Is No Secret What God Can Do by Stuart Hamblin

I like what Mr. Hamblin's wife said: "You didn't write that song.  God just let you hold the pen."


Isn't it amazing that songs about God were played on the popular radio stations back then?  Can you remember that happening lately?  Yes, it was a different time, Gail-Friends.  Our society respected God and the Bible.  I'm praying for that to happen in America again . . . soon.  I believe it's up to us to spread His grace and truth and as we do that, hearts will change.

Have a rest-full, worshi-full, and blessed Sabbath, Gail-Friends.

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.