Friday, July 13, 2018

Sabbath Music - Psalm 23

 

That blessed time draws near, friends.  How beautiful is that time with Him.  I look forward to it.  A day with no distractions.  Time to let go of cares, work, and the things that occupy my mind during the week.

I have time to sit on my porch, listen to music, read, pray, watch the birds and butterflies, draw, paint, write poetry, and most of all, to hear His voice.  Ah, that still, small voice within my heart.  It can get crowded out by the hullabaloo of life if I don't spend time with Him.

I'm thankful for this blessed day.  It's a great and wonderful gift, and I treasure it.

Here's a song for your Shabbat meditation:  Psalm 23  by Jeff Majors.  It is so lovely, Gail-Friends.  It begins with a shofar blast (so beautiful), then a harp solo.  I hope you enjoy the song and the images, too.

I memorized this psalm as a nine-year-old girl and it has stuck with me.  When I wake during the night, I immediately begin quoting this passage in my mind.  I usually go right back to sleep.  If not, I pray for whoever Hashem brings to mind.


Shabbat shalom, dear Gail-Friends, and may your Sabbath rest be sweet.



I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.