Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Art in Unexpected Places



I love finding art in unexpected places, don't you?  Here's an example in our local shopping area:

Doesn't this little doggie look happy frolicking in the daisy patch?

I saw this fun flower pot at our local Walmart.  It's just so appropriate for Florida.  We love our flip-flops around here.  As a matter of fact, I rarely wear anything else, even in winter.  Sometimes I even wear socks with them.  It's a Florida thing!



I love this idea of putting hubcaps on the ceiling.  I saw this at an Orlando restaurant that has a vintage automobile theme.


Just look at this creative use of tail-lights.  There's one in the photo above, too.


The same restaurant had these prayers on the package that holds the silverware.  I love this idea.


 These were at a Trader Joe's grocery store in Jacksonville Beach, Florida and depict scenes around the big city and the beaches.  I usually visit the Trader Joe's in Orlando, and I've never noticed murals there.  I'll check to see if they have them on my next trip.
The downtown River Walk right there among all the veggies. Did you notice the blender and the carrot?  Don't you love it?
Loving this beach scene with direction signs
Notice the asparagus in the bottom left-hand corner.  Such creativity!
You can see more of these fun murals in a past blog post HERE.

Here's an unexpected bit of creativity for you . . . a sofa made from a coffin.  Not my cup of tea, but I do appreciate the imagination of the creator.  Don't you wonder about the story behind it?  Fodder for books . . .


Our Heavenly Father is the Great Creator and I'm thankful for the gift of creativity He gives to those who pay attention to those ideas He drops into their minds and hearts.

Do you love finding art in unexpected places?  If you have some, I'd love for you to share them with me.  You can attach a photo in your comments below.

Have a blessed week, Gail-Friends, and remember to be thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.