Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Thanksgiving Day Blessings


Today is Thanksgiving Day.  I'm thankful to spend the day with my family.  I'll be missing my mama, though.  This will be the first Thanksgiving I haven't spent with her in sixty-five years.

Every year, when I have to cook the meal, I am thankful for all of the years Mama cooked it for us.  It's work, Gail-Friends, and she loved cooking.  Of course I brought side dishes, but she always did the heavy stuff -- the turkey and dressing and giblet gravy, the pies and other special things.  I'm thankful for all those many years she labored in the kitchen, showing us her love.

Even when she was in the nursing home, I either brought her to my house or ate a meal with her.  It will seem strange, like so many things are strange since she passed away.  I still think about her a lot, and when I go shopping  I catch myself thinking about what she might need.

I'm thankful for my husband who's been washing dishes for me while I cook.  What a blessing!  I'll cook a while and then put my feet up to rest while he cleans up the dirty pots and pans.  I love that man!

I'm thankful that my daughter, son-in-love, and grandson will be with us tomorrow, and that she's cooking for the meal, too.  She's like a little Martha Stewart in so many ways.

I'm thankful that my older daughter will be with her husband's family tomorrow.  Family is important on holidays, and I pray they have a blessed day together.

I'm thankful for the abundance of food and drink that will be on our table.  All things come from His hand.

Here's our menu for tomorrow:

 turkey with Mama's dressing and giblet gravy, cranberry sauce (regular and sugar-free), yellow squash, creamed corn, broccoli casserole, mini croissants, pecan pie and a sugar-free cheesecake, libations, and lots of thanks giving, I hope.




I hope you have a good day, Gail-Friends.  I'd love to know what's on your menu, and what you're grateful for?

Blessings to y'all.

************

I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:
 


Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   





MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     

Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up      

 A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party

 Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life






STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS



 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.