Friday, April 8, 2016

Wisdom Wednesdays - Hope in His Word


This week, during a morning quiet time, this verse was illuminated:


"I arise before dawn and cry to You.
  I put my hope in Your WORD."
Psalm 119:147-148

Starting my day with Him is so important.  Honestly, I don't get up before dawn, but I do like spending time with Him in the early morning because I treasure that time.  When my children were small, I did get up early, before they woke up, to have that precious time with Him before the day went into full swing.

In that sweet hour of prayer, I acknowledge Him, praise and thank Him, and tell Him any cares that are on my heart.  I read His Word because it refreshes me, and renews my mind.  I put my hope in His Word, most of all.  I've clung to it for many years, and believe my life has been blessed because of it.

That morning, as I meditated on this verse, I pictured the image above.  I painted it because I think it illustrates the lesson of the verse.

Putting Him and His Word first sets the tone for a beauty-FULL day.

Do you enjoy a morning quiet time, alone with Him?  I'd love to hear about it.

Blessings to you all, Gail-Friends.




************

I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   



MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.