Friday, August 12, 2016

Sabbath Music - His Eye is on the Sparrow




We're always busy every day, and so I look forward to His Sabbath.  It's His time -- set apart for us to be still and focus on Him.  I treasure it, and I hope you do, Gail-Friends.
This poem from my daily devotional, Streams in the Desert so beautiful and true.  I hope it blesses you.

Last night I heard a robin singing in the rain,
And the raindrop's patter made a sweet refrain,
Making all the sweeter the music of the strain.

So, I thought, when trouble comes, as trouble will,
Why should I stop singing? Just beyond the hill
It may be that sunshine floods the green world still.

He who faces the trouble with a heart of cheer
Makes the burden lighter. If there falls a tear,
Sweeter is the cadence in the song we hear.

I have learned your lesson, bird with dappled wing,
Listening to your music with its lilt of spring
When the storm-cloud darkens, then's the TIME to sing.

--Eben E. Rexford 

I love to sit on my back porch on the Sabbath, just being still and watching the birds visiting my feeders and birdbaths.  This song, His Eye Is On The Sparrow by pianist Dino Kartsonakis, is perfect for the Sabbath.  It has the music and lyrics, with birds singing in the background.  After you listen, find the version by Ethel Waters.  Nobody sings it like she does.  

Have a blessed, worship-full, peace-full and rest-full Sabbath, Gail-Friends.

***********
 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 


4 comments:

  1. Both versions of the song...simply beautiful! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to top Ethel Waters version, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. I love hearing her, but most of all watching the joy on her face. Gives me chills.
      Blessings,
      GG

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.