Friday, September 30, 2016

Sabbath Music - Jerusalem of Gold


My thoughts are on Israel and Jerusalem as I've learned about the death of former Prime Minister Shimon Perez this week.  He was a great leader and he loved his country.  He longed for peace and pursued it.

As I prepare for sundown and Shabbat, I'm thinking of Jerusalem, the golden city.  I remember the first time I heard this expression.  A friend had recently visited there and described how golden the setting sun had colored the beautiful city on the hill.  I was blessed to see that sight on my two visits to Israel.  You can read about my visit HERE.

Enjoy this beautiful song as you enjoy Hashem's beautiful Sabbath. . . and pray for the peace of Yerushalyim. 

Jerusalem of Gold (ירושלים של זהב, Yerushalayim Shel Zahav) - Ofra Haza - with English translation

***********

I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:  



Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.