Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How pleasant it is...

"When the rabbi dances....everybody dances!" shouts Rabbi Jem, my husband each Erev Shabbat. Everyone who is able joins him to dance the hora to our favorite Hebrew song, Hene Ma Tov. In English the words are "Behold how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity."

The song ran through my mind last night as our congregation joined with five other local churches to worship God in a community Thanksgiving service. Rabbi Jem joined Methodist and Baptist pastors, a Catholic priest, and a Pentecostal preacher in conducting the service. We worshipped God in different types of praise music, liturgy, and prayer.

My heart swelled with pride as I listened to my husband praise the believers for stepping out of their denominational boxes to worship together. He also encouraged us to work together for the good of the community and to minister to those in need around us.

Unity was a beautiful thing to see last night, and I pray we will go forward as believers together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.