Thursday, March 19, 2015

Wisdom Wednesday - Purim Thoughts and Israel



We had a wonderful Purim party at our synagogue, and the whole congregation enjoyed the games and dressing up in costume.  Didn't these two do a great job with their costumes?   We laughed so hard at all of the boo's and cheers during the reading of the whole megillah (book of Esther).

During Purim this year, Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, spoke to our U.S. Congress.  He was invited by Speaker of the House, Boehner, and other congressmen.  Our President was not happy because protocol was not followed, and did not attend the speech.  I found this interesting, as well as very concerning.

I see many things about Netanyahu that I admire, and think he is a good leader.  His speech was respectful of our president, and of our country.  He appealed to the U.S. to stand on the side of Israel against Iran's push to acquire an atomic weapon.  Our president turned a deaf ear and continues to appease Iran.  This is disturbing because in the
Scripture G-d says to Israel,


"I (Adonai) will bless them who bless you, 
and curse them who curse you.
And through you, all the nations of 
the earth shall be blessed."

Netanyahu was born for such a time as this -- to speak for Israel.  He has faced great opposition, ridicule and disrespect for trying the protect his country.  I admire him for that, and I stand on his side.

There is a very interesting book, "Eye to Eye: Facing the Consequences of Dividing Israel" by William R. Koenig that shows the adverse effects to America when she stands against Israel.  The book details the history of devastating storms and natural disasters that have struck following actions, agreements, and treaties that are detrimental to Israel.  It's a very interesting read, and I recommend it to all of my Gail-Friends.

We are living in very perilous times, with a growing anti-Semitism in many countries.  Make no mistake, there is still a hatred of the Jews and a desire to wipe them off the face of the earth. I believe the reason Jews bother people so much is because they stand on truth and righteousness.  They are people of the Book - the Torah.  The anti-Semites hate G-d and the Truth, so they hate the Jews.  But, G-d is for them and said He would never forsake them.  I also recommend the video series, "Against All Odds Israel Survives" which shows how G-d has protected the Jews, especially since the establishment of Israel as a state by the U.N. in 1948.  You will be amazed by the miracles He has performed for them.

Each year, at Purim, I'm reminded that I, like Esther, am born for such a time as this.  I am born to stand for truth and righteousness in an evil, wicked world.  The life I live and the words I say and write are lights in a dark world.  Like Esther, I am in danger for standing up for the Jews and for righteousness, but I will stand.  I will continue to declare the truth and point toward G-d's righteousness because without them, our world will continue to slide toward destruction.

Sadly, my stand for righteousness has cost me.  I've lost friends, jobs, and opportunities because I will not bow to the world's view of what a believer is.  I think it's worth it, because I've been blessed by obeying G-d.  Yes, I've lost jobs, but G-d opened even better doors for me.  Friends?  I still grieve when people decide to follow their flesh rather than G-d, but I continue to pray for them.  Opportunities?  I'd rather follow G-d than be a success in the eyes of the world.  I learned that from Queen Esther...and from Bibi Netanyahu.

You can learn more about Purim in my previous posts by clicking on this LINK

***********
Sharing this post with:

Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Lyli at Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life
Hope in Every Season Homemaking Party
Laura on Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger
Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

3 comments:

  1. Your neighbour at 3D Lessons for Life...He will I am sure repay all that you have lost with the simple words, 'well done, good and faithful servant'. Thank you for sharing your words of wisdom and love. I bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are words I long to hear, Jeannie. Thanks for stopping by today, and come back soon.
      Blessings,
      GG

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing about Purim and for making us aware of the growing anti-Semitism. I love how you are standing strong in your faith. I am thankful you shared this at The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.