Friday, April 3, 2015

Our Passover Lamb

As I prepare for Passover, I'm remembering the first time I attended a seder...about twenty years ago.  I'd just begun to learn about the Jewish roots of Christianity and was invited to attend the service at the home of a friend.  How vividly I remember holding the matzah in my hand, looking at the stripes and the holes.  Our host explained that the matzah is a picture of the Messiah Yeshua.  He was without sin (no leaven) and He was pierced for our sins, and took stripes for our healing.

 
graphic from MiYah music


Each year when we observe our seder, I hold the matzah and remember our redemption, and I thank Him. No more blood has to be shed.  He became sin for us so that we would not have to be punished.  I am grateful.

Hashem commanded us to observe this feast, and Yeshua obeyed.  On the night before He was crucified, He and His disciples held a seder.  That night, He said, "Do this (seder) in remembrance of Me."  If you are able to attend a Messianic seder in your area this week, you will be so blessed.


We will be singing this song at our seder tomorrow night.




I hope you enjoy the song list that includes the songs we traditionally sing on Passover - Eliyahu and Dayanu.  It also contains some silly songs that I think will tickle your funny bone (i.e. the puppets).

Our seder will be tomorrow afternoon, and I'll share photos and tell you about it in my next post. 

 I pray Passover blessings to you all. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`


I'm sharing this post with some of my friends at :
Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story
Lyli at Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life
Hope in Every Season Homemaking Party
Laura on Faith Filled Friday at Missional Women
Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger
Charlotte at Spiritual Sundays
My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

2 comments:

  1. chag pesach sameach, Gail. We will be hosting a Seder in our home tonight and I learned my unbelieving girlfriend wants to come! We are excited to hold that matzah and meditate on the piercing and stripes of Jesus. Thank you for the lovely music you provide! I study with it in the background sometimes!

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray for her heart to be touched and her eyes opened to this wonderful Truth and that she will receive Him.
      Thank you for your sweet encouragement.
      Blessings to you and yours tonight.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.