Friday, February 26, 2016

Sabbath Music - It Is Good



On Shabbat, I love to take a trip to the river for the rising or setting of the sun.  It always brings rest to my body and soul.  Meditating on the following song is sure to bring me JOY.

I pray your Sabbath rest is sweet and full of shalom.

A song for Shabbat

 PSALM 92
 It is good to give thanks to Adonai
and sing praises to your name, ‘Elyon,
to tell in the morning about your grace
and at night about your faithfulness, 
 to the music of a ten-stringed [harp] and a lute,
with the melody sounding on a lyre.
For, Adonai, what you do makes me happy;
I take joy in what your hands have made.
How great are your deeds, Adonai!
How very deep your thoughts!
Stupid people can’t know,
fools don’t understand,
that when the wicked sprout like grass,
and all who do evil prosper,
it is so that they can be eternally destroyed,
while you, Adonai, are exalted forever.
For your enemies, Adonai,
your enemies will perish;
all evildoers will be scattered. 
But you have given me
the strength of a wild bull;
you anoint me with fresh olive oil.
My eyes have gazed with pleasure on my enemies’ ruin,
my ears have delighted in the fall of my foes.
The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
they will grow like a cedar in the L’vanon.
Planted in the house of Adonai,
they will flourish in the courtyards of our God.
Even in old age they will be vigorous,
still full of sap, still bearing fruit,
proclaiming that Adonai is upright,
my Rock, in whom there is no wrong.


And here is a video of Paul Wilbur singing his rendition of Psalm 92, called It Is Good.  Enjoy!


*********
 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   




MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.