Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wisdom Wednesdays - Morning and Evening





Continuing my series on WORDS:

 This week, I've been meditating on Psalm 92: 1-2, which I wrote about in my last Shabbat post.

  “It is a good thing to give thanks to the L-rd, 
and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
 to show forth (declare, tell, proclaim) 
thy lovingkindness in the morning, 
and thy faithfulness every night.”

I love that word, "lovingkindness", don't you?  It calls to mind tenderness and gentleness, and I see ADONAI that way.

My habit over many years has been to do morning devotions that involve reading the Scriptures, meditating on them, praying and journaling. I dearly love to sit on my back porch, weather permitting, and watch the birds, butterflies, and other creatures that stroll through.  I see mostly cats and squirrels, but we sometimes have an armadillo, possum or a raccoon.  I sit there and thank Him for everything I see, and start my day with JOY because I agree with  David's words in Psalm 26:3:

 “Your lovingkindness is before my eyes.”


These are just a few of the ways He shows His lovingkindness:
  • by letting me wake up in the morning
  • I can see, hear, walk, talk, think, and I have strength
  • I have a roof over my head
  • food to eat
  • water to drink
  • my Bible, in my hands, to guide and comfort me
  • His precious Holy Spirit that speaks to my heart
  • my wonderful husband
  • my precious family 
  • my friends
  • our Ma'gen Da'vid Synagogue family 
  • Most of all - His forgiveness and salvation through  the blood of Yeshua, our Messiah
I could go on and on because I am loaded down with the benefits of His lovingkindness.

Over the past year, I have been doing a meditation at night, in bed, that involves listing three things I'm grateful for.  Then I read the Scriptures, and meditate on that passage and my blessings as I go to sleep.  This has been a wonderful ritual that helps me sleep more soundly.  I recommend it to y'all, Gail-Friends.

These two meditation times are important, and a great blessing, but I realized something this week.  I usually do all of this in my mind.  This week, Ive resolved to do as the Psalm says, to speak my praise out loud.  Why? Because spoken words of praise are powerful. The verses says, "It is good".  The words bless me, and they bless those who hear them. 

Growing up, I often heard my grandmother and my Aunt Inez say, "Praise the L-rd!"  I loved hearing them say that, and I wanted to be like them -- to be a G-dly woman who praised the L-rd.   It's such a sweet and blessed memory, and I want to pass that same memory on to my loved ones by being that kind of woman. 

Each Sabbath, we have a praise time where members can thank the L-rd for the good things that have happened over the past week.  It's my favorite part of our worship together.  We're remembering ADONAI'S lovingkindness and His faithfulness to us.


I hope you'll join me in  my new discipline of speaking words of praise to ADONAI in the morning, in the evening, and every time there's a blessing in your life.

Next week, I hope to write on His faithfulness to me.  There is so much to tell!

**************

 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.