Friday, February 19, 2016

Thankful Thursday - Love, Dancing and Children



My sweet husband gave me this beautiful roses on "love" day.  We spent the day bird-watching, taking photos, and eating lunch at a nearby restaurant.  A lovely couple sat near us, and we had a great time talking with them.  They're snowbirds from up north, and do jewelry sales at flea markets during the winter.  They were amazed at how cold it has been over the past couple of weeks (low's in the 40's and 50's).  We are, too, but I am thankful to be able to wear my "winter" clothes -- turtleneck sweaters and comfy, cozy scarves.  We don't get those chances often.

I'm thankful for my sweet son-in-love, whose birthday was this past week.  I made him a birthday cake and a dinner.  It's always a blessing to have my family around my table.





On birthdays, I always use my "you are special today" plate.  I told my son -in-love that he's special every day because he's such a blessing to us all.  He's a wonderful son, husband and father.


I'm thankful for Davidic dancing, which we do during worship every Friday night at the synagogue.  Here is Rabbi Jem leading the group in dancing the hora.  I call it our Jewish aerobics.  Love it!

I'm thankful for children!  It's always a blessing to have many under the tallit for the weekly children's blessing.





I'm thankful for my fireplace DVD on these cold days, too.  It's almost like the real thing.  It even has the snap, crackle and pop of a the logs burning.  Love!

Here are a few bird photos I've captured over the last month.



This red-tailed hawk sat still for a long time in several places, so I was able to get some good closeup shots.  Their markings are so beautiful.


I was over the moon excited to get this closeup of a  kingfisher (on the right).  Marked that one off my bird nerd bucket list. 


A happy mallard couple.  We have lots of ducks visiting right now, which is nice.


Thankful Thursday is my day to focus on and be thankful for the good things in my life.

What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?

*********
  I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   



MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.