Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wisdom Wednesdays -He's Been Faithful To Me



In my last Wisdom Wednesday post, I wrote about Psalm 92:1-2:

  “It is a good thing to give thanks to the L-rd, 
and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
 to show forth (declare, tell, proclaim) 
thy lovingkindness in the morning, 
and thy faithfulness every night.”

Last week, I posted about ADONAI's lovingkindness .  Today, I'm meditating on His faithfulness.  I said there was much to tell.  Actually, it would take a book to tell it all -- now there's an idea!  

First, He's been faithful to me in allowing me to be born.  I learned, from my aunt a few years ago, that my mother tried to commit suicide while pregnant with me.  I'm thankful that we both lived.  I never discussed this with her because of her mental state at the time, but I know she must have been suffering greatly to take such a drastic step.  

He's been faithful to me in allowing me to have a G-dly grandmother and aunt who loved me a taught me, through words and by example, to love G-d and His Word.  They took me to church and showed me a different world, full of love and peace.

When I was six or seven years old, my aunt and her family moved to another state and I begged my mother to take me to church.  He was faithful to me in her agreement to go.  She didn't drive, so Daddy drove us.  He wouldn't go inside because he said the roof would fall in.  I'm so thankful to both of them because I loved church.  It was so peaceful there.

ADONAI was faithful to me for the times Mama and/or Daddy couldn't or wouldn't go.  There were kind people who would come by and pick me up and bring me home. I am grateful for their willingness.  When I was twelve or thirteen, Mama stopped going altogether. She said, "I can't live the Christian life and live with your daddy."  Faithful people went out of their way to drive me both ways. 
 
He's been faithful to me in being my friend and companion as I grew up with an alcoholic father and a mentally ill mother.  I suffered emotional, verbal and physical abuse.  I learned early to keep a low profile, be quiet and obedient, and stay in my room most of the time.  It was peaceful there, too.  At night, I'd pray before bed and count my blessings.  I learned that from a song that was popular in the 1950's called "Count Your Blessings".  I'd count a nice house to live in, nice clothes to wear, and books, especially books, because they were my escape from the chaos. 

He was faithful to me in so many other ways.  I believed my church's message about asking Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins, and was baptized at nine years old.  My childhood wasn't easy, and living as I did, it could have turned out very differently.  His faithfulness to me carried me through that rough patch, and I'm always thankful as I remember those years. 

Every time I hear this song, He's Been Faithful To Me by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, I cry, because it's my story.  I'll share more another day.  
I'd love to hear how He's been faithful to you, dear Gail-Friends.
************

 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at: 
Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   



MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 
STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS  
 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Gail. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nancy - thanks for stopping by and for your encouragement.
      Come again soon,
      GG

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.