Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Make It Monday - Trim Healthy Mama Key Lime Pie


Our lime tree has flourished lately.  We had about a dozen over the last couple of weeks, with more coming on.  Rabbi Jem wanted a Key Lime pie, so I made one this week.Our limes aren't Key limes, but they are very tasty.  The recipe called for lime juice in the filling as well as the topping, so it was nicely tart...just the way Jem likes it.

The recipe I used is from this website:  Mrs. Criddles Kitchen .  She has lots of other wonderful recipes for the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating. Be sure to stop by to see all of her resources. 

We took the pie to a party, and everybody raved about it.  I let them know that there was no sugar and no gluten. I used Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet for the filling and topping, and the crust was made with Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend.  No one complained.  It was wonderful to have an on-plan dessert, and I had no desire to eat the sugary cake that was also on the menu.

I promise not to bore you with talking about my health, but I hope this will help someone. I find out recently that I have an under activc thyroid, and I attribute that to my struggles with weight loss lately.  Now that I'm on the medicine, I expect to continue to lose.

I've been on the meds for about three weeks, and over the weekend, I began to feel like Wonder Woman.  I've had so much energy, and am working from morning to night without being tired.  I'd felt bone tired for a long time, but I just figured I was getting old.   My other symptoms, in addition to struggling to lose weight,  were being cold all the time, and thinning of the outside of my eyebrows.

But, back to Trim Healthy Mama...I highly recommend the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating, not just for weight loss, but also for health.  The plan uses whole foods, and is sugar free.  There are also many recipes that are gluten-free.  Eliminating the sugar and gluten has been very helpful for me.  It eliminates cravings, brain fog, and being congested in the morning.  Check out their Facebook groups, Pinterest boards, and You Tube videos.  You will find a wealth of helps for eating healthy.  I love Trim Healthy Mama!


*************** 
I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:  

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.