Friday, February 17, 2017

Sabbath Music - Child of the King





 The "Happy Hour" approaches as I write this post.  Soon, the sun will set and the Sabbath will begin.  G-d loves us so much that He gave us a special day of the week for rest.  We can turn away from the world and its troubles, and focus on Him.

Tonight, we will praise and worship Him with song and dance.  We'll read His Holy Word and be encouraged by the life-giving message He's preserved for us over thousands of years.  We'll pray for each other and fellowship together.

Tomorrow, we'll have a full day to rest, reflect, and restore our strength and our soul.  It's a special time, and if you've not experienced it, you're missing a blessing, Gail-Friends.


I ran across this graphic and it is something I want to meditate on this Sabbath.  How blessed I am to be His child.





It reminded me of my grandmother's favorite song:  I'm a Child of the King. This version is sung by Skeeter Davis and she does both parts of the harmony. I hope you enjoy it.


Here's a piece I saw this week, and I pray it for each of you, Gail-Friends. 

May Light always surround you..
Hope kindles and rebounds you.
May your hurts turn to healing..
Your heart embrace feeling.
May wounds become wisdom..
Every kindness a prism.
May laughter infect you..
Your passion resurrect you.
May goodness inspire..
your deepest desires..
Through all that you reach for,
May your arms never tire...
-D. Simone






"There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither." – Alan Cohen


 Have a blessed and peace-filled Sabbath, Gail-Friends.

************

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

Spiritual Sundays      THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   


MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Classical Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.